Sunday, December 14, 2014

My Google Chrome OS X Yosemite Theme Concept - Brighter with Translucency!

Google Chrome Yosemite Theme Concept

This is a follow-up post to my original, "Google Chrome Translucent Yosemite OS X Theme Concept". 

Looking at Google Chrome running on OS X Yosemite on a Mac and being disappointed that Google didn't really do anything to capture the Yosemite look and feel,  I wanted to try and create my own concept of would be a Chrome for Yosemite theme. 

The theme concept above, is what I came up with. I didn't try and redesign the web browser, but instead only changed UI elements to match those found in Yosemite. 

In OS X 10,10, navigation buttons have a white background - in Chrome, there are no defined button boxes but instead just the icon itself, so I made the whole navigation bar background white. Not sure if this looks a little too bright, but it seems to go with Yosemite brighter colors. A slight gradient or a more gray color, might look better. 

Safari only real cool feature, is that it lets the color of the webpage your on seep through as you scroll. This translucent / transparent effect is also seen in other parts of Yosemite. For Chrome's looks to fit in with the rest of Yosemite, it must have this feature as well. I also let a little bit of color through on the address bar and tab bar, as well. 

And to match Yosemite's more simple look, buttons and icons are now flat solid colors. 

Dark Incognito Mode Concept
So that's my concept of a Google Chrome web browser built for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Let me know what you guys think. And share this page, if you like the concept! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

*Note: Comments only work from the Google Chrome browser.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Search